Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tears will turn into joy!

I am in the process of reading a book called His Princess by Sheri Rose Shepherd.. It is basically a book filled with letter's she believes God would right to us women. If you've never read this book go out and buy it or borrow it from a friend. It will make you feel like a million bucks and give you glimpse of what the Lord might say to you in different situations. The letter I am on today is titled "My Princess..it's okay to cry" as reads as follows:

I see how hard you try to handle your heart, and I know you want to live a life without heartaches or pain. I'm asking you to take a step closer to your Father in heaven by crying out to Me when you hurt. Let Me heal you. Remember My chosen, King David? He cried out to Me in his fears, disappointments, and sin, and I answered. You are also My chosen one, and you are My daughter...so it's okay to cry. I don't expect you to pretend that pain is not real. It is truth and tears that will give you the freedom that I want you to know. Now let go of that part of your heart that only I can heal. Let your heavenly Daddy hold you while you cry.
Love,
Your King who wipes away your tears

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy" ~Psalm 126:5


It is inevitable that hurt and heartache will come in this life. It is hard..REALLY hard sometimes and your heart can be broken in ways you didn't even think possible. I have experienced this and it's not fun and I'm sure many of you have too. When you do get hurt badly it is hard not to live in the past and be bitter toward those who caused the pain (or were responsible). Bitterness is an UGLY thing and it can come and take over completely if you let it. The devil loves to remind you of the pain you've experienced. I am finding that the best way to shut him up is to learn to love that person who did the damage. Pray for them. It is very easy for me to love people that haven't hurt me but loving those who have is a COMPLETELY different story. I'm not going to lie, praying for someone who hurt you badly is one of the HARDEST things I've ever done. How come it is always easier to be resentful and harbor ill feelings toward the person than to forgive and forget? Forgiveness-as children, or even as adults people think that you should forgive for the person who did the wrong...this is a false conception..in actuality you should forgive FOR YOURSELF! When you forgive someone who has hurt you, you aren't saying that what they did was okay you are saying "I'm not going to live with bitterness and be resentful, I'm going to forgive you so I can move on past the hurt." This is no walk in the park and it might take some time.. for me it's taking some time. I am learning that for me to get over it and become a better person I have to forgive him/her and love them the way Jesus loves them. In some cases what happened that caused you pain isn't something that will disappear, it's something that you'll have to learn to live with. The only way to get by is to hand it over to God and let him do the healing.. in some cases he is the only one who can heal your heart. Allow him to guard your heart and even your words. He will do so...he promises to=) In my case you have to stop thinking about how it could have gone differently and just find peace in how things turned out. It's a journey and will mostly likely involve lots of crying but as we read in my book..it's okay to cry=) I know that in the end I will be a happier person dealing with it in the RIGHT way.

I hope God blesses each of you in a special way today!

0 comments: