Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Memories............

So I substituted 2nd graders today and we went to the museum at Baylor.. we of course had to ride the bus over to Baylor and I haven't been on a bus since I was in high school..

Being on the bus just made me remember all the times that I stepped on and rode the "yellow dog" as my dad likes to say=).. and smelling the smells and being tossed around on the bumpy ride (most people hate it but I always enjoyed it)..made me miss playing volleyball and especially basketball.. isn't it funny how a smell can trigger your memory..??

I remember being in sweats or shorts and piling onto the bus with my two ton sports bag filled with EVERYTHING I could possibly want/need.. my ipod and pillow and a blanket were a MUST! It was nice mellowing out for a short or long while, depending on how far we had to drive to face our opponents and preparing for the game I was about to play usually surrounded by my sweet friends at the back of the bus far away from the annoying underclassmen:)~ The ride home usually consisted of some sort of silliness and talk about the boys we liked or dreading how much we were going to have to run the next day at practice. Those were some of the most fun memories to me. No it wasn't anything EXTRAORDINARY but it was simple times and simple fun. I will always miss playing basketball and wish I had pursued it in college.

You never know what you are going to encounter each day that will take you back in time.....

It's hump day yay!! Weekend come on and get here!

0 comments: