Thursday, January 3, 2013

Out with the old in with the new!

I am a bit late on this post and really haven't written in a while quite frankly, but none the less here we go... I think it is always a good thing to sit down and write out the past years happenings a) to bring things into perspective and b) to in a way purge myself from the past in order to move on to what's next.

This past year of my life has been a struggle for me to say the least.  There were definite blessings, some in disguise:) but it was a hard year.  I broke up with the love of my life and man I thought I would spend forever with which was one of the most difficult things to do. I am a fighter to my core and walking away from the hopes and dreams I had with that individual was not the norm for me but I knew I could not ignore what the Lord was calling me to do even though my heart was literally dying inside but I knew my Savior knows best even when my earthly body and mind want to rebel. 

I moved to Comanche, TX, aka middle of nowhere Texas to help start and run a retail/garden center/fresh produce store which is where I am currently.  The Lord allowed me to rest, recooperate and be in a place where he could have my undivided attention to work and repair my badly broken heart and spirit! Living out in the country and getting a taste of country life that I haven't gotten to enjoy since my Grandparents have died was just the medicine I needed. I am FULLY convinced the country is good for the soul and always want it in my life! My job allowed me to earn a living and be able to travel and study for my ever irritating teacher certification test that I had been needing to get passed in order to teach.  My Uncle and Aunt were so gracious to let me live in the house next door to them to have my own little space as well.  The Lord has grown me as I have been in Comanche probably more than ever and taught me what it is to truly be still and listen to His voice and I am BEYOND grateful for his guiding me along His path for my life. 

There have been more loves and heartbreaks throughout the year and he has manuvered me
strategically through them.  I have been blessed to have been reconnected with friends that are so dear to my heart and because of moves or whatever reasons just lost touch over the years . That has been one of the biggest blessings this year by far! I am ashamed that I have neglected such wonderful friendships for all this time but it is just a great reminder of God's love and mercy to me.  I will not let that happen again! I am so lucky to have the kind of deep friendships that I can not see these people for 10 or so years and then be able to essentially pick up right where we left off as if no time has passed. Now THAT is truly a rare thing in this world!  I also became an Auntie which has been incredible. Abigail Morgan Moss is without a doubt the cutest little girl and yes I'm biased;).

I FINALLY passed my History 8-12 content test (insert fist pump) and was also able take the Ec-6th elementary test to be certified in that as well so my options seem to be WIDE open as far as teaching in the fall.  I hope to find a job at the elementary level..


I feel like I have he chance to do and go anywhere for the first time in my life and that is a really weird feeling for me.  It's like I have a clean fresh slate on which to do whatever in a sense or to allow the Lord to do whatever with me. I have no attachments obligations other than my family which I love being near dearly but I know I could if I had to, or the Lord called me, live away from them.  I am waiting with great anticipation to see where and what the Lord will call me to... I am a bit of a planner so this is a new thing not knowing what will happen next! I feel renewed and ready (fingers crossed) for this next chapter of life.  I don't know yet what 2013 will bring in this fleeting life on earth but I am sure of one thing my God, Savior, friend and provider is in control and will guide and lead me as I trust him! What a comforting and wonderful thing to know!  I am ready to live what I have left of this life with no regrets, much love and a passion to live, love, show grace and mercy, forgive and serve by His example! 

I pray the new year finds each of you reading this well and that you will commit this new year to Him and his Glory!

Prayerfully waiting and watching!
-Charity







1 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, well! Look who's back! ;)